Through the years since the company’s inception in 1902 Mayer and Toye Limited has been a proudly Wellington based company. The company’s founder Mr H. G. Mayer (an engraver by trade) started manufacturing badges and medals, along with engraving by himself. Later Mr Kean joined him, forming the partnership of Mayer and Kean Limited.
In the mid-1960’s the name was changed to Mayer and Toye Limited when British company TKS took a half share. The Mayer family later re-purchased the half share back and although the company name stayed the same, it has been fully owned by the Mayer family since that time.
Murray and Howard Mayer are the third generation of the Mayer family to operate the business.